World Trigger is an an anime that aired in 2014 and finished its season 1 in 2016. It took 5 years to get its season 2 this year and its 3rd season too.
- When a gate to another world suddenly opens on Earth, Mikado City is invaded by strange creatures known as “Neighbors,” malicious beings impervious to traditional weaponry. In response to their arrival, an organization called the Border Defense Agency has been established to combat the Neighbor menace through special weapons called “Triggers.” Even though several years have passed after the gate first opened, Neighbors are still a threat and members of Border remain on guard to ensure the safety of the planet.
The premise of the show is pretty simple, but has room for more growth.
The animation is all right. Since it came out a while ago the animation isn’t top tier, but its solid and the second and third season have better animations.
The main con in the animation is the CGI on the Neighbors. It’s not really bad, but if you are one of those that hate all things CGI then you will probably hate it.
See. Not bad, but noticable.
Now on to some things I really like about the series.
1.) The power system
- Imma keep it short and simple.
- Everyone is born with a gland that allows them to use source now as “trion”
- Trion levels can differ from person to person
- Triggers are more or less the weapons that are unique to everyone and are based on your trion level.
This power system allows for very unique abilities per character and interesting usage of the abilities in combat.
- The fights in world trigger are more unique than most anime in the fact that more fights are strategy based than pure strength.
- There are fights between people and the Neighbors which have different dynamics to them.
With Season 1 having a 7.58 rating and Season 2 having a 8.09 it shows that this is a solid show that you need to watch.
You can pick up the full Blu-ray on Amazon.
Let me know what you think about the series and tell me some other anime you think people are sleeping on in the comments!